Spinach Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makesabout 3-1/2 cups
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Cook spinach according to package directions for microwave; drain and squeeze dry. Set aside. Place onion and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 2-3 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring once; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and whipping cream until smooth. Fold in the spinach, artichokes, cheeses, cayenne, pepper and onion mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4-5 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 67 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Mar 29, 2016
8 oz cream cheese instead with 1/2 c fat free 1/2&1/2 no monterey jack instead cup of fatfree mozzarella 1c parmesaen sautee onions in pam
Jul 29, 2013
It was good, but needed more seasoning and it was dry. I like mine creamier and will probably use this as a base for a creamier dip next time I make it.
Feb 3, 2013
I absolutely love this recipe. It is so easy to make and it is done in the microwave. The hardest part was chopping up the Artichokes to make sure no woody tasting pieces went into it. I was wondering why there was no salt added to it, then my sister, Sharon mentioned that the cheeses would have salt in them. It was the right amount of salt then. More Cayenne Pepper could be added for more zip or a teaspoon of Chili in Adobo Sauce would work too. The Parmesan Cheese is to sprinkle on top and I misread the recipe and added it to the mixture and it came out alright though. All in all, it is a great recipe, i will make alot.
Sep 28, 2012
I mixed the ingredients together like the directions say but instead of putting it back in the microwave at the end I put it in a small crockpot for people to dip out of during our party. It was a hit, everyone hung out around the dip and it was gone before we knew it.
Sep 26, 2011
it was quick and easy to make in my Longaberger pie plate! i'd add u def need some salty chips. if i served with something a little less bland or less salty i would add garlic salt or seasoning salt next time. other than that, we all loved it! wish i could post a pic of what i made so at least there is something to look at!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.