- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup diced unpeeled apple
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 2 cups torn romaine
- In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, salt and sugar; mix well. Add apple, onion and raisins; toss lightly to coat. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, combine spinach and romaine in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach Apple Salad
"Nice combination of ingredients in the salad; the dressing was a bit tart for me, so next time, I might adjust the amount of vinegar based on the sweetness of the apple I use."
"I made this salad. And it was a thumbs up from my family. I like salads with less ingredients."
"Very tasty. Some feta cheese is a nice addition."
"Thank you for sharing recipe. Saved to RB just today. Am glad to see thee are few carbs. in this salad. Makes me happy since I'm carb restricted."