- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini or white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 carton (32 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) fire-roasted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 6 cups fresh spinach (about 4 ounces)
- Crumbled goat cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, cook and crumble sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes; drain.
- Stir in lentils, beans, broth and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until lentils are tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in tomatoes; heat through.
Remove from heat; stir in spinach until wilted. If desired, serve with goat cheese.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forSpinach and Sausage Lentil Soup
"This recipe was easy and tasty. We used regular sausage instead of spicy because we were feeding our two year old and it still had plenty of flavor. We did add two extra cups of water to get a little more broth. I will make this again."