Spinach and Rice Alfredo
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups packed torn fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a small saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in cream and cheese; cook for 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Add spinach, salt and white pepper. Cook for 1 minute or until spinach is wilted. Stir in rice.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 515 calories, 37g fat (23g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 497mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 31, 2017
Loved the flavors and how quick this came together. After adding 1 1/2 cups of rice, I thought it was a bit soupy, so I added about another cup of rice. It made enough for 4.
Mar 6, 2013
Two thumbs up! I used a Uncle Bens pouch that cooks the rice in the microwave in a minute and it's the perfect amount of rice. Really quick recipe.
Aug 6, 2011
Rice in an Italian dish seems a little odd, but this was really good and very quick and easy to make.