VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 thick-cut salmon fillets (5 ounces each)
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 cups packed fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- Cut a horizontal pocket in each salmon fillet by slicing to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the spinach, pesto, tomatoes and pine nuts. Spoon into each pocket.
- Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 12-15 minutes or until spinach mixture is heated through and fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spinach-Stuffed Salmon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p184