Spinach and Herb Potato Casserole
This is one of my favorite potato dishes. I first had it at a church potluck, and I couldn't believe there was spinach in it - I usually don't care for spinach!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 large potatoes, peeled and boiled
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, cooked and well drained
- In a large bowl, whip potatoes, cream cheese, sour cream and butter until smooth. Add all remaining ingredients and continue to beat until well mixed. Spoon into a greased 2-qt. casserole. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Casserole can be prepared ahead and refrigerated, then baked just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 487 calories, 27g fat (17g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 848mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Spinach and Herb Potato Casserole in Country Extra July 1991
Jan 4, 2008
I took this casserole to a family gathering and was asked over and over: What's in this? As tasty as it is pretty, this is a dandy way to get your family to eat spinach.