Spinach and Feta Flank Steak
While this dish may look difficult, it's actually very easy to do. It's great for holiday meals but easy enough for a weeknight dinner. —Josh Carter, Birmingham, Alabama
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open steak so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- Combine the spinach, cheese, parsley, dill and onions. Spread over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides; transfer to the greased rack of a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 400° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°), 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes. To serve, remove string; slice into 1-in.-thick slices.
Nutrition Facts2 slices: 242 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 662mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Flank Steak in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2018
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.