While this dish may look difficult, it's actually very easy to do. It's great for holiday meals but easy enough for a weeknight dinner. —Josh Carter, Birmingham, Alabama
Recommended: 32 Super Steak Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 beef flank steak (1-1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cut steak horizontally from a long side to within 1/2 in. of opposite side. Open steak so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic.
- Combine the spinach, cheese, parsley, dill and onions. Spread over steak to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; tie with kitchen string. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on all sides; transfer to the greased rack of a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 400° until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 145°; well-done, 150°), 40-45 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 15 minutes. To serve, remove string; slice into 1-in.-thick slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spinach and Feta Flank Steak in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018