- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) small-curd 2% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) seasoned tomato sauce for lasagna
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, mozzarella, cottage cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan and egg. Spread a heaping 1/3 cupful over each noodle. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Pour tomato sauce over roll-ups. Cover and bake at 350° for 33-38 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Discard toothpicks. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach and Cheese Lasagna Rolls
"Delicious, easy, make-ahead dish. I added 1 t Italian seasoning to the spinach mixture."
"5 stars for this one!!! Everyone asks for this recipe! Even bona-fide carnivores are won over by this dish...every time I make this, it seems the whole neighborhood knows what's going on...now if I could just get help w/the dishes...this a very easy dish to personalize..and I usually double the recipe..freezes very well. A nice dish to have in your repetoire."
"really easy to make and the whole family loved it!"
"This meal is completely doable during the work week! Kids and adults alike give this one a thumbs up! You can add chicken if you want meat in this dish, and it works great."
"I've made this several times and it is a hit with my husband and my toddler. I use extra mozz cheese and spinach, and skip the parm, and i can usually make 8 rolls with it instead of 6. Also i've found that 40-45 mins is the perfect cooking time."
"add 1/8 - 1/4 tsp nutmeg"
"Excellent! I like to use a Basil pasta sauce and I put fresh ground black pepper and dried basil before adding the sauce. So good!"