A simple dressing made of currant jelly and balsamic vinegar coats this colorful salad, sprinkled with crunchy pine nuts. If you like blue cheese, you’ll love this refreshing toss. —Grace Sandvigen, Rochester, New York
Recommended: 45 Superfoods for Your Brain
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- For dressing, heat jelly in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, oranges, onion and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Spinach Salad in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p37
Reviews forSpinach and Blue Cheese Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 7, 2011
"I've made this salad many times and everyone always loves it."