Spinach and Blue Cheese Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 pints fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- For dressing, heat jelly in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in vinegar.
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries, oranges, onion and blue cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pine nuts.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 115 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 93mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Feb 7, 2011
I've made this salad many times and everyone always loves it.
Jun 17, 2010
Whenever I bring this salad people want the recipe. It is the only salad my family wants me to bring for family get together.I use feta cheese instead of blue cheese, and sunflower seeds instead of pine nuts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.