Spinach and Artichoke Bread Pudding
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 35 min. + standing
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) fresh spinach
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 9 large eggs, beaten
- 2-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano cheese
- Dash salt
- 8 cups day-old cubed French bread
- In a large saucepan, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil. Add spinach; cover and cook for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, eggs, cream, cheeses and salt. Gently stir in bread cubes and spinach. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 342 calories, 25g fat (15g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 504mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Nov 6, 2012
I've made this recipe twice for one of the dishes at my women's my church Bible Study group breakfasr where about 65 attend. I have gotten rave reviews both times and dozens of requests for recipes. I like making because it be made the night before and put in the oven while you are getting ready to go.
Sep 24, 2012
I would make this again in a heartbeat!
Sep 18, 2012
I am sorry to say that l found this recipe good but to expensive to make again
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.