Spinach Almond Salad Recipe
“I’m asked for the recipe every time I serve this salad. It’s just lovely.” —Jennie Richards, Riverton, Utah
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 2 large tart apples, thinly sliced
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a blender, combine the sugar, vinegar, onion and salt; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 284 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Spinach Almond Salad
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC