Spinach 'n' Sausage Pork Loin Recipe
Two of our grown children often have dinner with us. They get a charge when they find out it was their dad that cooked the meal; this is one of my best. —Ed Leland, Van Wert, OH
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, divided
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (about 3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; stir in spinach and 1/2 teaspoon thyme. Add sausage; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- 2. Cut lengthwise through center of pork roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Open roast flat; cover with plastic wrap. Pound with a meat mallet to flatten slightly. Remove plastic; spread sausage mixture over roast. Starting at a long side, roll up jelly-roll style; tie at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Secure ends with toothpicks.
- 3. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, seam side down. Brush with oil; sprinkle with remaining thyme. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Spinach 'n' Sausage Pork Loin
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2014
"The flavor was very good but it was just to much work."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC