- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup picante sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 1% cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook and stir onion in oil until tender. Add spinach, broccoli, 1/3 cup picante sauce, garlic powder and cumin; heat through.
- Remove from heat; stir in cottage cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Spoon about 1/3 cup spinach mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon remaining picante sauce over top.
- Cover and bake 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpinach 'n' Broccoli Enchiladas
"This was very yummy! We agreed that it's a keeper. I had extra chopped spinach and cottage cheese from another recipe, so I cut this recipe in half for my husband and I. I made everything as-is. The only thing I will say is that we both put some extra sauce on at the end, but that may just be personal preference. The crunch from the broccoli really helps balance out the texture of the spinach. Overall a pretty easy and quick meal that I'll make again."
"Unbelievably delicious and so easy as well. I will be making this often."
"I was skeptical about this recipe, too. But I had loads of extra spinach and broccoli and no way to use them, so I tried it. My husband and I loved it! We don't eat any meatless meals, really, so this was a lovely surprise. Great way to eat our veggies and save our meat!"
"We really love this recipe"
"My family loved this recipe. Even my 3 yr old had some. What a great way to get spinach and broccoli into a toddler. We used whole wheat tortillia insted of the flour ones."
"I have to admit I was skeptical, but these were amazing! I like a little more spice, so we garnished with some hot pepper sauce."