- 2 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup glazed pecans
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 5 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, optional
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir in bacon if desired.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, whisk vinegar, sugar, mustard and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in oil. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forSpinach, Apple & Pecan Salad
"I did not like the apple cider vinegar taste, and had to keep addingSome honey to make less vinegar tasting, and even added balsamic aged vinegar. The salad was a hit, and I did not even put the bacon in it, and also just toasted almonds."
"Loved the pecans and mustard in this! It was delicious with just the right blend of sweet and tart flavors."
"Substituted walnuts for pecans and reduced the dressing to simply olive oil. Delicious! My husband and I both enjoyed the salad, even going back for seconds. I could take or leave the dried cranberries, but otherwise, I would leave it as is. So good!"
"This salad sounds kind of "ho-hum"... BUT...It is absolutely delicious! The crunch of the apples and glazed pecans are amazing with the tartness of craisins and saltiness of the feta and bacon. The dressing is light and delicious! Be sure to try this one!"