- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- Shredded Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, broth and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Add tortellini; bring to a gentle boil. Cook, uncovered, 7-9 minutes or just until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in spinach. Sprinkle servings with cheese and pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpinach & Tortellini Soup
"Tasty. I used a quart of homemade tomato juice instead of the canned tomatoes because that's what I had on hand. I added soup base instead of broth, and added a little water to the juice along with minced garlic, basil, oregano, thyme, dash of chili powder and ground pepper. I used dried tortilini but fresh would have been better.When the pasta was almost ready, I added the spinach and parmesan cheese, and some canned chicken breast. I served it with savory onion muffins. Yum."
"Have been making this for a long time. So quick- I always add a little more tortellini and fresh basil if I have it. All my friends have asked for the recipe and they make as well."
"I add a spicy chicken sausage and use kale from my garden. I like kale because it holds up better for reheating or freezing."
"I've made something like this a couple times. Only I cook a pound of mild or spicy Italian sausage and add it. I also add 4 oz of cream cheese."