- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer with spinach, bacon, onion, red pepper and cheeses.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and seasonings; pour over top. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forSpinach & Sausage Egg Bake
"This recipe is easy and quite good! I make the following changes: add the seasonings to the sausage after browning it (they combine better when added to the sausage rather than the egg mixture), add 1 small can green chilis to the sausage, use half-and-half instead of milk, omit the salt and bacon, and add 1 tsp cayenne pepper. After cooling, I cut into servings, wrap individually and freeze; each morning I pop one into my husband's lunch so he just heats it up in the microwave when ready to eat. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"I made this as written and it turned out really well. easy to prepare. Had it for Sunday brunch. Everyone enjoyed it as it was seasoned well and quite tasty. I will definitely make again."
"My husband loved this! Mostly because it was not runny, and set up very well! easy to put together because of the layers! Keeper!"
"This is excellent! I actually was in a hurry and forgot about the cheese and it was still excellent. I will definitely be adding this to my list of great breakfast recipes."
"Made this for Easter, hoping for something special. WAY too much chili powder. Was not impressed. Will not make again, since we threw half away."
"this recipe was a big big big hit last night it was very very very good!!! but instead of cooking bacon i cheated and bought real bacon pieces that you use on salad and potatos, lol"
"It was very good, I left out the bacon, because it was already so much fat, but it was still very good with quite a bit of kick. I will make sure I chop the spinach into smaller pieces and dry it more next time. My husband who never eats casseroles of any kind actually liked it as well."