Spinach & Bacon Hash Brown Quiche
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min. + standing
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°. Press hash browns between paper towels to remove excess moisture; toss with butter. Press onto the bottom and up sides of a 9-in. pie plate. Bake 20-25 minutes or until edges are browned. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, salt and pepper. Stir in spinach, cheeses and bacon mixture; pour into crust.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 282 calories, 20g fat (11g saturated fat), 166mg cholesterol, 441mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 13g protein.
Dec 7, 2014
I added 12 eggs but still had too much spinachloved the crust
Feb 28, 2014
I added chopped red bell peppers and garlic powder to the eggs mixture. It turned out beautifully. My family loved it. A great dish to impress your guests, too. It's a keeper.
Nov 7, 2013
This is so delicious and versatile. I didn't have bacon so used sausage and it was perfect. Great way to use up some spinich. I added extra seasoning and also seasoned the hash brown crust. Yummy!!
Jun 6, 2012
This recipe was a great way to use up spinach left in the "bottom of the bag." Nobody knew the difference and the recipe was terrific. I also used refrigerated potato shreds (leftovers too!) and they worked fine. A definate keeper - and just like the picture, oranges make a good side.
Dec 10, 2011
Very good! Had to use frozen spinach but still turned out good. I sauteed the frozen spinach with the onion & also some red pepper and chopped mushrooms. Was making this for dinner so I did double the eggs to make it more filling. Also thought it needed a little more seasoning, so I would recommend adding some seasoned salt.
Aug 20, 2011
The family loved this one. I didn't have bacon so I diced bologna and cooked it with the onion and it was delicious. next time we'll try the bacon.
May 7, 2010
Recipe a W.O.W.!!!!! for Flavor and presentation
Apr 29, 2010
Absolutely delicious! Loved the swiss cheese in it!!
Apr 21, 2010
The flavors in this quiche were wonderful! I would definitely recommend this.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.