- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano and parsley flakes
- 3/4 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed quartered artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, whisk 1-1/2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and dried herbs until blended. Add beer, stirring just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto a well-floured surface; knead gently 6-8 times, adding additional flour if needed. Press dough to fit a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Pinch edge to form a rim. Bake 8 minutes or until edge is lightly browned.
- Mix oil and garlic; spread over crust. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup cheese; layer with spinach, artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with fresh basil. Yield: 6 slices.
Reviews forSpinach & Artichoke Pizza
"My husband and I LOVED this pizza!!! I added two pieces of crumbled bacon to the pizza and a sprinkling of feta cheese - amazing!!!! I actually used a pre-bought pizza crust to save on time. I've already shared this recipe with several friends - it was just that good!"
"My husband and I both loved this recipe. I should clarify that I used a different homemade pizza dough recipe. The only thing this pizza needed was a little salt and pepper, so the second time I made it, I added it after brushing the crust with olive oil."
"This was pretty good--added diced chicken and olives. Seemed a little "Blah" to some family members when compared to pizza from a pizza joint."