Spiderweb Dip with Bat Tortilla Chips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makesabout 1-1/2 cups dip and about 7 dozen chips
- 20 chipotle chili and pepper tortillas or flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup prepared guacamole
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Cut tortillas into bat shapes with a 3-3/4-in. cookie cutter. Place tortillas on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Spritz tortillas with cooking spray. Combine the garlic salt, coriander, paprika and pepper; sprinkle over tortillas. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and salsa. Spread into a 9-in. pie plate. Carefully spread guacamole to within 1 in. of edges.
- Place sour cream in a small resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe thin concentric circles an inch apart over guacamole. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a knife through circles toward outer edge. Wipe knife clean. Repeat to complete spiderweb pattern. Serve with tortilla bats.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 338 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 704mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 9g protein.
Oct 30, 2015
I just made this for a Halloween Potluck I went to this morning. You can't go wrong with anything with cream cheese or guacamole, so I was confident this would be a winner. The tortilla chips turned out perfectly and the sour cream was a really fun and easy touch to make the spiders web. Everyone really enjoyed this. I't's an easy item to pack up and bring somewhere. Definitely a potluck winner here!
Nov 6, 2014
I like to test recipes as written so my review is on the actual product. The only changes I had to make were the shapes of the chips because I had other Halloween themed cookie cutters and the tortillas I used were flour ones because I couldn't find the flavored ones. That said it was very good. I love the combination of cream cheese and salsa so I knew that part would be good. I had never baked my own chips before and I have to say I am in love with it! Using the cookie cutters did take some time (I suggest metal ones over plastic because the tortillas are a little hard to cut) but I loved how they looked and on an average day cutting them with a knife would be very simple. I will definitely make this again and I don't plan on changing a thing.
Aug 27, 2013
My friends were really impressed with MY creativity!
Oct 13, 2012
I didn't think the bat chips were worth the time, plus not sure how they go with a spider web. The dip tasted yummy and the web added enough "decor" without fancy chips.
Oct 31, 2011
I didn't make the bat chips, but I made the dip and just bought tortilla chips. The dip was really good and so easy to make. I will for sure be making this again and again!
Oct 30, 2011
I tripled the recipe and added a tablespoon of taco seasoning for a little extra flavor Everyone loved it.
Oct 28, 2011
Made this today for a lunch. Every bit was eaten. Huge hit everyone wanted the recipe. Didn't use the bats, but used store bought blue corn tortilla chips for a spooky look. I used medium chunky salsa and made my own guacamole. Everyone thought the sour cream spider web was amazing. Will definitely make again!
Oct 18, 2011
I made this dip for our Ladies Guild meeting in October. I doubled the recipe and it was a great conversation piece even though I did not make the bat chips, not enough time. Everyone loved it, it was so delicious. I used prepared salsa and guacamole to save time also. Will definitely make this again, maybe for Christmas with a sour cream Christmas Tree...
Aug 15, 2011
I made this for the first time last Halloween. Everyone loved it!!!! I make it everytime I have people over. Some of my friends expect it!!! I made it for my daughters first birthday and instead of bats I used 1 and spelled out her name for the chips!!
Nov 5, 2010
This dip is so tasty and so easy AND everyone loved how it looked like a spider web! Will definetely make again.:)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.