A clever design puts a new spin on standard sugar cookies in this recipe from our Test Kitchen.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Edible glitter
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, melted
- Milk chocolate M&M's
- Orange nonpareils
- In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in egg and orange zest. Gradually add flour; mix well.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag fitted with a large round pastry tip. Pipe spiderwebs (about 4 in. high and 4 in. wide) onto foil-lined baking sheets. With a pastry brush, gently brush each web with water. Lightly sprinkle with edible glitter.
- Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set but not browned. Let cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- Fill a small resealable plastic bag with the melted chocolate; cut a small hole in the corner of bag. For spiders, attach two or three M&M's on each web with melted chocolate; pipe spider legs around each. For spider eyes, attach nonpareils with melted chocolate.
Editor's NoteEdible glitter is available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 188 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 109mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.