- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 jar (7 ounces) marshmallow creme
- 1 square (1 ounce) semisweet chocolate
- In a large saucepan over low heat, stir butter and unsweetened chocolate until melted. Remove from the heat; stir in sugar. Cool for 10 minutes. Whisk in eggs and vanilla. Stir in flour and nuts. Pour into a greased foil-lined 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean (do not overbake). Immediately drop marshmallow cream by spoonfuls over hot brownies; spread evenly. Cool on a wire rack.
- Lift out of the pan; remove foil. For web decoration, melt semisweet chocolate and place in a small resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag; drizzle chocolate over top in a spiderweb design. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forSpiderweb Brownies
"I have made this recipe several times, not only for Halloween. For Easter I sprinkle the top with green coconut & jelly beans, today I am making them for a Christmas party."