- 1 package caramel swirl brownie mix (8-inch square pan size)
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (5.9 ounces) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant French vanilla pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 3 Butterfinger candy bars (2.1 ounces each), finely chopped, divided
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Prepare and bake brownie mix according to package directions. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into 1-in. cubes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Fold in 2 cups whipped topping. Place half of the brownie cubes in a 4-qt. trifle bowl or glass serving dish; layer with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Set aside half of the pudding mixture. Stir pecans and 1 cup chopped candy bars into remaining pudding mixture; spread over cream cheese layer. Layer with remaining brownies and cream cheese mixture.
- Fold 2 cups whipped topping into the reserved pudding mixture; spread over cream cheese layer. Spread remaining whipped topping over top.
- Place chocolate syrup in a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe eight thin concentric circles 1/2 in. apart on the whipped topping. Beginning with the center circle, gently pull a knife through circles toward the outer edge. Wipe knife clean. Repeat to complete spiderweb pattern. Sprinkle remaining crushed candy bars in center of web. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 21 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forSpiderweb Brownie Trifle
"We made this an exercise in physical therapy while I was recouperating in a nursing home. Everyone enjoyed taking part in the preparation and when finished, it disappeared in a flash! Yummy good!"
"I made this for Easter with a few variations. The kids loved it!"
"This trifle is so light and airy and lucious that I save it for special occasions and never have left overs!"
"Very good, very rich. My husband took it to work for potluck and many wanted the recipe."
"I made this for a team potluck the other day and it turned out to be a big hit. I didnt have enough room left on the top for the rest of the whipped topping, but either way it was still great :)"