Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Salsa, sour cream and pickled jalapeno pepper slices
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and red pepper in 1 teaspoon butter for 3 minutes. Stir in zucchini and taco seasoning; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Spread remaining butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas butter side down on a griddle. Sprinkle about 1/4 cup cheese and 1/4 cup zucchini mixture over half of each tortilla; fold over.
- 3. Cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with salsa, sour cream and jalapenos. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 614 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 1321mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Zucchini Quesadillas
"I would give this 6 stars if I could. I made it as the recipe says only adding more onions and peppers. Big hit at our house!!"