Spicy Zucchini Corn Medley
One day when I was a girl, a neighbor brought over a dish similar to this one. Years later, I decided to re-create it. My family likes it today as much as I did back then. —Marian Quaid-Maltagliati, Nipomo, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine zucchini and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; drain. Stir in the hominy, corn, jalapeno and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Editor’s Notes: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. The oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 167 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 810mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Zucchini Corn Medley in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.