Spicy Zucchini Corn Medley
One day when I was a girl, a neighbor brought over a dish similar to this one. Years later, I decided to re-create it. My family likes it today as much as I did back then. —Marian Quaid-Maltagliati, Nipomo, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese
- In a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine zucchini and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 minutes; drain. Stir in the hominy, corn, jalapeno and salt. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes until cheese is melted and vegetables are tender. Let stand for 2 minutes before serving.
Editor’s Notes: Wear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers. The oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.