Spicy Warm Chicken Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup jalapeno pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups torn romaine
- 1 small sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped, optional
- Rub soup mix over both sides of chicken. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, combine the beans, corn and picante sauce. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in chilies and onions; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, pepper jelly and lemon juice; set aside.
- Toss lettuce and romaine; divide among four salad plates. Slice chicken; arrange on greens. Place red pepper slices and bean mixture around chicken. Drizzle with sour cream mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Serve with jalapenos if desired.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 417 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 1054mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 8g fiber), 16g protein.
May 15, 2015
Delicious! I loved this main dish salad and served it with crusty bread from the bakery for a filling dinner.
Sep 6, 2008
It was a pain to find the jalapeno pepper jelly, but worth it, because this salad was a hit at my house. You coul almost go with out the dressing, because of all the yummy toppings that this salad allready has going for it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.