- 2 cups halved fresh green beans
- 2 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots, halved diagonally
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups beef or vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with spicy red pepper, undrained
- In a 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 13 ingredients. Cook, covered, on low until vegetables and lentils are tender, 6-8 hours.
- Discard bay leaves. Stir in diced tomatoes; cook, covered, 30 minutes longer. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Reviews forSpicy Veggie & Lentil Soup
"This is so good! Followed the recipe as is. The smoked paprika really makes the soup taste good!"