Spicy Turkey Tacos
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 taco shells
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Cubed avocado and additional salsa, optional
- Heat taco shells according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in salsa and spices; heat through. Serve immediately, or cool before placing in a freezer container.
- To serve, fill each taco shell with 1/3 cup turkey mixture. Serve with lettuce, cheese, sour cream and, if desired, optional ingredients.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled meat mixture in freezer containers for up to 3 months. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Serve as directed.
Nutrition Facts2 tacos: 324 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 502mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 19, 2014
We really enjoyed these, the hint of cinnamon made them different.
Jan 21, 2013
My family did not like this recipe at all. Would not make it again
Apr 17, 2012
This is so good!!! I love it. My family wants me to make this again and again and we eat it with cumin rice with avocado.
Apr 15, 2012
I added 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper and some salt also. I changed the sour cream for plain greek yogurt. Was really really good!
Mar 29, 2012
Needed alot more spices... too bland.
Feb 13, 2012
This recipe, though tasty, is very sweet!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.