Spicy Turkey Stir-Fry
"This is one of my husband's favorite recipes, and he doesn't even know it is good for him!" writes Alexandra Armitage of Nottingham, New Hampshire.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, stir-fry turkey in hot oil for 2-3 minutes. Add sweet pepper, garlic, ginger and broccoli; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with onions and peanuts. Serve with rice.