Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps
My go-to meal after an evening run is this satisfying turkey wrap with jicama, a potato-like root veggie used in Mexican cooking. —Christie Arp, Blue Ridge, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled jicama or celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup julienned carrot
- 6 Bibb lettuce leaves
- Hot mustard, optional
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey with jicama and onion over medium heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, ginger, garlic and peppers. Add carrot; cook and stir until liquid is absorbed, 1-2 minutes.
- Serve in lettuce. If desired, serve with mustard.
Nutrition Facts3 wraps: 212 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 655mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Lettuce Wraps in Simple & Delicious February/March 2016