- 2 pounds ground turkey or turkey sausage
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth or beer
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a Dutch oven or large soup kettle, cook the turkey, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 12-14 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Reviews forSpicy Turkey Chili
"I added sliced herbed/garlic chicken sausage to the ground turkey; used 16 oz. diced organic tomatoes pureed with the tomato sauce. I used 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Organic beef Base, skipped the cinnamon and used 1/8 teaspoon Dave's Insanity Hot Sauce. Heated in a crockpot for our fellowship. It was scarfed!"
"My family loved the chili. I did not add the jalapeno pepper and still found it spicy enough. In addition, I did not add the cinnamon. I will definitely make this again!"
"will for sure be repeating this recipe, again,and again.It is a winner. Edna..Waterford, MI."