The hot pepper sauce comes through nicely to spark the flavor of these moist turkey burgers shared by Mavis Diment from Marcus, Iowa. "This is a good low-fat burger without the boring taste of typical low-fat foods," she notes.
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 4 Kaiser rolls, split
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 tomato slices
- In a large bowl, combine the onion, yogurt, dill, hot pepper sauce, salt and garlic. Crumble turkey over mixture; mix well. Shape into four patties, each about 3/4 in. thick.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium-hot heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 165° and juices run clear. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Turkey Burgers in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p64
Reviews forSpicy Turkey Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 9, 2017
"Good one is this"
Reviewed Aug. 26, 2010
"This is a "go-to" recipe in our house-- easy and yummy!"