Spicy Tomato Steak
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 45 min.
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a large resealable bag, combine the vinegar, salt and pepper. Add the beef; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain marinade. Place flour in another large resealable bag; add beef and toss to coat. In a large skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Facts3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 757mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 5, 2011
Fantastic flavor and the whole family loves it. Been making this recipe for years. I add 2/3 cup of water to the recipe and make it in the pressure cooker for even quicker meals and it has more "sauce".
Jul 24, 2010
Very tasty and a little bit different from most stovetop beef steak recipes. My DH likes this served with lots of flour tortillas.