Spicy Tomato Soup
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, optional
- Cook the macaroni according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the tomato juice, corn, beans, salsa, oregano, garlic powder, basil, cumin and pepper flakes if desired; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Drain macaroni; stir into the soup. Garnish with cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 174 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 699mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 7g protein.
Mar 1, 2011
When we made this soup, we added additonal beans, roasted tomatoes and extra macaroni. Everyone who had this soup really enjoyed it and my daughter sair she would make it again. It was really delicious on a very chilly evening.
Dec 4, 2010
Very tasty & comforting, especially in winter. Didn't think it was spicy but that's ok. My son & i loved it!
Sep 17, 2008
Very good! Wouldn't change a thing!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.