Spicy Tomato Pork Chops
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Brown pork chops on both sides. Remove; keep warm. In same skillet, cook and stir onion until tender. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Return pork to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until tender. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Serve with sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 pork chop with 1/3 cup sauce: 257 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 328mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jun 6, 2017
These were delicious! I would have given it 5 stars if the sauce were thicker. Just rating these as written.
Aug 31, 2016
The family loved it, very easy to make, I don't do exact measurements, but it came out great, added extra garlic, I always do??
Aug 12, 2016
Loved it. Delicious. This will be my go to meal.
Oct 9, 2015
loved em & so easy to do
Aug 15, 2013
Easy to prepare with ingredients already found in my kitchen. There was plenty of sauce so you could easily cook more chops. The spicy flavor was perfect for me, but my husband added some hot sauce to kick up the heat. I will definitely make it again.
Aug 9, 2013
These are packed with flavor! Yum!~ Theresa
Dec 26, 2012
This was very good. We added extra pepper flakes for even more zip. The sauce was good over rice also.
Oct 28, 2011
Too spicy for us.
Oct 3, 2011
I added cajun seasoning, and left out the sugar.
Sep 6, 2011
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.