Spicy Tomato Beef Steak Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound round steak, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine vinegar, salt and pepper; toss with beef. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes; drain. Place flour in a bowl; add beef and toss to coat. In a skillet, cook beef in oil over medium heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender. Add remaining ingredients. Cover and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
3 ounce-weight: 195 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 16g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.