Spicy Tilapia Rice Bowl
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- Sprinkle fillets with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 4-6 minutes on each side. Remove and keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add squash; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add stir-fry blend and tomatoes; cook until vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes longer. Stir in fajita seasoning mix; cook and stir until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, mix beans, salt and pepper. Divide rice among four serving bowls; layer with beans, vegetables and fillets. If desired, serve with toppings.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 538 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1365mg sodium, 71g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 10g fiber), 33g protein.
May 14, 2018
I used shrimp instead of fish and added diced jalape?o pepper to the veggies. Very delicious and easy dish! I will definitely be making this regularly.
Feb 26, 2016
I actually forgot about the fajita seasoning and it was still delicious and filling!
Sep 13, 2014
This was FABULOUS! Spicy and healthy. The only thing I did differently was to broil the fish instead of frying in oil. My husband loved it and it is so full of veggies! Definitely will make it regularly.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.