- 4 tilapia fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen pepper and onion stir-fry blend
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 envelope fajita seasoning mix
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Optional toppings: cubed avocado, sour cream and salsa
- Sprinkle fillets with Cajun seasoning. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add fillets; cook 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm. Wipe pan clean.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil. Add squash; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add stir-fry blend and tomatoes; cook 6-8 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in fajita seasoning mix; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until slightly thickened.
- In a small bowl, mix beans, salt and pepper. Divide rice among four serving bowls; layer with beans, vegetables and fillets. Serve with toppings as desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Tilapia Rice Bowl
"I actually forgot about the fajita seasoning and it was still delicious and filling!"
"This was FABULOUS! Spicy and healthy. The only thing I did differently was to broil the fish instead of frying in oil. My husband loved it and it is so full of veggies! Definitely will make it regularly."