Spicy Sweet Chicken Bacon Bites
I've been serving these for many years. Guests love dipping the bacon-wrapped chicken tidbits into blue cheese salad dressing or barbeque sauce. —Jacqulyn Fletcher, Liberty Lake, Washington
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 3/4 pound thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing and barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bacon strips crosswise into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each chicken piece; secure with a toothpick. In a shallow bowl, mix brown sugar and seasonings. Add wrapped chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat.
- Place on 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with salad dressing and barbecue sauce.
Originally published as Spicy sweet chicken bacon bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.