I've been serving these for many years. Guests love dipping the bacon-wrapped chicken tidbits into blue cheese salad dressing or barbeque sauce. —Jacqulyn Fletcher, Liberty Lake, Washington
Recommended: 52 Cheer-Worthy Tailgate Appetizers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 pound thick-sliced peppered bacon strips
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Blue cheese salad dressing and barbecue sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut bacon strips crosswise into thirds. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until partially cooked but not crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain; keep warm.
- Wrap a bacon piece around each chicken piece; secure with a toothpick. In a shallow bowl, mix brown sugar and seasonings. Add wrapped chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat.
- Place on 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake 10-12 minutes or until bacon is crisp and chicken is no longer pink. Serve with salad dressing and barbecue sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Sweet Chicken Bacon Bites in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p15