Spicy Stuffed Mushrooms
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk spicy pork sausage
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese, divided
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, saute the stems, onions and garlic in butter for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the sausage, bread crumbs and 1/2 cup cheese.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons into each mushroom cap. Place on a foil-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Nutrition Facts1 mushroom: 81 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 160mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 16, 2011
These were very good. I didn't have enough pepper jack so I used 1/2 pepper jack and 1/2 cheddar. Next time I'll make sure I have the pepper jack since the cheddar melted faster and cooked more.