- 2 cups cubed beef flank steak (1/2-inch cubes)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) onion-seasoned or regular beef broth
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups diced peeled potato
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt, pepper and crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a pressure cooker, cook steak, onion and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add broth; simmer for 10 minutes. Add the vegetables, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings.
- Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 15 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.) Immediately cool according to manufacturer’s directions until pressure is completely reduced.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Steak Stew
"This is the perfect combo of spices. My whole family loved it!"
"Very good and quick meal!"