Spicy Snack Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (12 ounces) mixed nuts
- 1. In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- 3. Spread into two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 22 cups.
1/2 cup: 117 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Snack Mix
"Prepared as written, this recipe was spicy but not too spicy."