Spicy Snack Mix
Spicy Snack Mix is a light, crispy concoction that's a favorite of Betty Sitzman and her family in Wray, Colorado. The nuts help to satisfy the "hungries", and you can make the mix more or less spicy to suit your taste.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (12 ounces) mixed nuts
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread into two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 117 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Spicy Snack Mix in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.