Spicy Snack Mix is a light, crispy concoction that's a favorite of Betty Sitzman and her family in Wray, Colorado. The nuts help to satisfy the "hungries", and you can make the mix more or less spicy to suit your taste.
Recommended: 40 Tasty Snacks That Are (Surprisingly) Low-Calorie
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 6 cups Cheerios
- 5 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 can (12 ounces) mixed nuts
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add the seasoned salt, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and pepper sauce; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal and nuts. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Spread into two 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 22 cups.
Originally published as Spicy Snack Mix in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p54
Reviews forSpicy Snack Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 15, 2011
"Prepared as written, this recipe was spicy but not too spicy."