- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 can (16 ounces) chili beans, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- In a skillet coated with cooking spray, brown turkey over medium heat; drain if necessary. Add chili beans, rice, salsa, vinegar and seasonings; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Skillet Supper
"We have been making this easy supper so often that after several years, it has become a staple on our rotating menu list. I combined all the spices into a jar so that I could easily toss them in at once. The quick ingredients and having the spices already prepared has made this my #1 cheater meal. It's excellent with tortilla chips. I leave the vinegar out because I dislike vinegar, and I use regular Mexican blend shredded cheese. A favorite. Thanks for the recipe! :)"
"This meal was very good. I had to use white rice because I had no brown rice. I also used Mexican Blend cheese instead of cheddar and I thought the Mexican cheese complimented the meal very well. Definitely added to my book of recipes."