- 4 cups diced cooked chicken breast
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lime peel
- 2 tubes (11 ounces each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine the chicken, water, tomato paste, paprika, lime juice and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Discard bay leaf.
- Combine cream cheese and lime peel. On a large piece of foil, roll one tube of bread dough into a 14-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Spread with half of cream cheese mixture to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with half of the chicken mixture and shredded cheese.
- Starting with a long side and using foil, fold into thirds. Form a 14-in. x 4-in. loaf with a seam along one side. Pinch edges to seal. Transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat. Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to wire racks. Cool for 10 minutes before cutting into 1-in. slices. Arrange on a large serving platter to resemble ribs with a plastic skull if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (14 slices each).
Reviews forSpicy Skeleton Ribs
"This was a cute idea and my grandkids loved the bone chilling effect"