- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5-2/3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, broth, parsley, pimientos, hot sauce, onion salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in shrimp; cook 5-7 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Serve with rice. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forSpicy Shrimp with Rice
"I loved it!It was easy to make."
"Make this a lot. Very good."
"Very good, have made numerous times"
"made this several times & its great!"