The sophisticated blend of seasonings, shrimp and a splash of white wine will make this awesome pizza a favorite with your grown-up friends. This recipe is special enough for company...but quick enough for weeknights, too. Debra Udden - Colorado Springs, CO
Recommended: 30 Quick Dinners Ready in 30 Minutes or Less
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook shrimp and pepper flakes in oil for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the cherry tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, wine, oregano and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced, stirring occasionally. Add shrimp and parsley; heat through.
- Place crust on an ungreased pizza pan. Spread shrimp mixture over crust to within 1/2 in. of edges; sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and edges are lightly browned. Yield: 6 slices.
Originally published as Spicy Shrimp Pizza in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p37
Reviews forSpicy Shrimp Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 10, 2011
"This is the BEST shrimp pizza that I've ever had in my life. My Friends Couldn't stop eating it . It was a Big hit at my party. All my friends love spicy foods."